Welcome to the brand new beets blog! The beets project has had a Twitter account for some time now, but I increasingly have more to say than will fit in 140 characters. This blog will be a venue for more detailed writing about the project, Python, open source development, and music software.
These are some of the posts you can expect as the blog gets rolling:
- In-depth descriptions of new features and design changes in beets.
- Guides to doing cool, non-obvious stuff with beets.
- My plans and proposals for how beets will evolve.
- Useful Python snippets and libraries that grow out of the beets project (like Bluelet, Confit, pyacoustid, and audioread).
- Opinions on Python development and maintaining open source projects.
You can subscribe to this blog using its Atom feed. The Jekyll
source for the site is